Wednesday, April 7, 2010

happy.....Photobucket

Being happy doesn't mean that everything's perfect.....it just means that you have decided to see beyond the imperfections.

I believe that happiness is a state of mind, as I look around this crazy world and at everything that is going on with the economy, the government, the disasters in so many areas of the world I, in my own little place feel happy despite all the horrible things that can bring us down. A few years ago I struggled with a state of happiness, I come from a long line of worriers and my personality was one of a perfectionist. In my mind I wanted everything around me to be perfect. As we all know that does not exist and the more you focus on that the worse it gets. My house was perfectly clean all the time, my oldest son did not know what dirt was until he was 5 years old. I ran 50 miles a week and watched everything that I ate. I soon found out that living like this does not bring happiness to anyone around you. I struggled with anxiety because I always felt like I was a little short of what I wanted to be. As I have gotten older I can honestly say I am happy with what I have, I love being not so OCD (some of that will never go away). I love being a mother, wife, baseball fan, cartoon watcher, stroller runner, photographer, sister to my best friends and most of all I love that I am HAPPY....


No comments: