Thursday, January 7, 2016

{Here's to a New Year} Do less.....feel more. 2016 intentions not resolutions.  I've been thinking about this a lot over the past week. Sometimes these thoughts run through my mind  in moments when I feel on top of the world, capable of anything, hopeful for the future, and optimistic. Other times these thoughts run through my mind in moments of self-doubt and critical reflection on the past year. Did I do my best in 2015? Was I the best mother that I could have been?

Every year, as the end of 365 days begins to approach I find myself slipping into split personality mode.

Positive Alisha dances around the house giving my boys surprise giant hugs and thinking cheery thoughts like: Anything is possible. I can start now. I am capable. 2016 is my YEAR.

While negative Alisha wallows, sleeps in to late, wants to stay under the covers all day and think thoughts like: There's so much I need to improve about myself. Where do I even begin this year with my business. It's to overwhelming. I will just be disappointed in myself.

The back and forth is exhausting. It's a personality (slash surely slightly crazy) personality trait I have recognized in myself from a very early age. And sure enough, every year, as the calendar switches to January, I find myself compiling lists, completing journal entries on how this will surely be the year that I finally DO all those things I've been meaning to do.

Sometimes I become consumed by my futile attempts to control every aspect of our home. Easily frustrated. Discouraged. Overwhelmed. Because I really LOVE a controlled environment. I love things done and done my way. I know, not a very good trait.

And then over the last few days, the first few days of January which so far have not been very great. I feel myself stuck in a rut. And then it hit me.

        FEEL MORE....
        DO LESS......this moment right here. Right now. This hug. This trip. These smiles. I want to feel this way more. That's my resolution. That's my intention for 2016. I made a list of ways I want to feel in 2016 (rather than things I need to do  more often). I don't want to feel rushed all the time, overwhelmed, disconnected. I want to feel LOVE, inspired, connected, AT PEACE, understood ( i am a bit complicated).

The way I figure it, if I allow myself to "FEEL" more...the "DOING" part will come. Oh my gosh this is it....the New Year 2016.  Alisha

No comments: